Introducing the Rugbytots London-to-Paris Cycle Challenge, in aid of Wooden Spoon
When and where is the event?
This iconic fully supported 4-day event features 3 days of cycling. It takes place on Thursday 28 June to Monday 1 July 2019.
The 178-mile route from London to Paris takes in some of the iconic sights of both cities, and winds through the coutryside to and from the coast in England and France.
How do I enter?
First, to register your interest and to receive further information regarding booking your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then forward you full details of the cost to take part and the sponsorship requirements.
What is the ride in aid of?
The purpose is to to raise money for Wooden Spoon, the children’s charity of rugby.
Wooden Spoon help to transform the lives of disadvantaged and disabled children and young people across the UK and Ireland.
One of the main reasons we chose to work with Wooden Spoon is that we get to see where the money we raise is spent. We even get the chance to be involved in the process, as this video shows...
- Full support before the challenge, including kit lists, training advice and fundraising ideas
- 3* accommodation each night in shared twin en-suite rooms
- Breakfasts, lunches and 3-course evening meals plus morning and afternoon refreshments, and celebration meal in Paris
- Full support crew including lead and rear guides/mechanics
- Support vehicle with a mechanic/medic to transfer luggage to each overnight stop
- Full event signage along the route in the UK and in France
- Emergency hotline for each cyclist to contact the mobile medic/mechanic
- Ferry crossing to Dieppe, coach transfer to hotel in Dieppe, coach transfer to the Gare Du Nord from hotel in Paris, Eurostar tickets to King’s Cross St Pancras
Day 1: London to Dieppe
Your expedition begins in bustling London at Crystal Palace where you will meet the rest of the group and navigate your way out of the city.
You will cycle towards Godstone, and then on relatively quiet roads to Newhaven. You then cross from Newhaven to Dieppe, arriving late evening and are transported to your nearby hotel for a good night’s rest after a long day’s cycling.
Day 2: Dieppe to Gournay
Your second day is slightly less arduous. It affords you the time to get to know your group and form a real team spirit as you journey through the beautiful French countryside.
Day 3: Gournay to Paris
The final day of your cycle challenge pushes your stamina with about 70 miles of cycling to Paris and on to the Champ de Mars, opposite the Eiffel Tower. Here you will celebrate in style with a glass of Champagne and an awesome view of the French capital’s most iconic landmark.
Day 4: Paris to London
After a lazy morning – which includes the chance for you to explore some of the sights in Paris – the final afternoon will see you return to London in the well-earned comfort of the Eurostar.
Rugbytots are old hands at tackling new challenges!
Join us for this fantastic fundraising event and you’ll be in good company! We’ve always been passionate about using our business to benefit others. In the past we raised over £200k for the NSPCC, and from 2014 we've been equally energetic in our support of Wooden Spoon, the children’s charity of rugby.
So far, we have raised over £300k through fundraising efforts including our 2015 World Cup Bike Ride from the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff to Twickenham, and our 2017 Bike Ride from Land’s End to London.